As an Arminian in a Calvinist culture I've had the opportunity to realize the impact of some of the differences that our theology has on how we view the world and our circumstances. For example, when tragedy comes, in the form of the death of a loved one for example, if we believe that God planned, orchestrated, intended or simply just allowed it to happen we will (or think we should) respond differently. I've had to be careful not to comfort people in a way that would be comforting to me in accordance with my theology, but in a way that is meaningful to them and their views of God. I'm going to be crafting a presentation to address this issue and I'll share a little more on here when that's done. But if you want to be a part of my unscientific research, feel free to participate in a simple 8-question survey for me:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XS2F8B5
No comments:
Post a Comment