Saturday, October 22, 2011

A few minutes of dreaming

I was blog surfing people's bucket lists.  They were posting and linking because of a contest.  I'm not particularly interested in the contest, but it's one of those days where I could use some hope and dreaming about what the future might hold could give me a little hope.

1.  Teach Bible classes at a college level
2.  Sight read the Old and New Testaments in the original languages
3.  Visit Greece
4.  Run a marathon
5.  Publish an article in a scholarly journal
6.  Publish an article in a practical journal/magazine
7.  Maintain a weight that is within the "healthy" range
8.  Have children who are confidently living in accordance with who God made them to be
9.  Visit all 50 states and take pictures in front of the capitals
10.  Live overseas for at least a year, but preferably long enough to get to know another culture really, really well.
11.  Be an active part of a prison ministry
12.  Keep my house clean for an entire month...while living in it
13.  Get my PhD
14.  See pyramids
15.  Study theology from a non-western perspective
16.  Own a Volkswagen bus.  Sleep in it on road trips.
17.  Scuba dive
18.  See the sun rise over the Atlantic Ocean and set over the Pacific Ocean on the same day

That's all I can think of for now, but I know there are more things that should be on this list.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment