Saturday, April 2, 2011

Quilt for Baby: My Spring Break Project

I saw a play mat that I really liked at IKEA but when I went to buy it they didn't carry it anymore so I decided to use scrap material that I had to create one for my daughter.  One side is a nature scape and one side is an ocean scape.
The pink flower is a mirror.

I think I need to find a few more creatures to put in the sea.  Any suggestions?

This is the sun.  I love the ribbon rays that she can play with.

The butterfly wings flap and are crinkly (because I sewed a walmart bag into them).

The tree is a placement that I bought on clearance at Target for $.49.

4 comments:

  1. Love this! You are so super talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say an octopus too! 2 votes for Octopus!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. turtles! and a lobster, only because i think it would be hard and i think you're creative enough to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete